Sunday, March 16, 2003


Painting Year Zero @
Keith Talent Gallery, Tudor Road, London E9


I like this gallery because its in the same street as my studio and because it seems to have a painting focus.

This show is about... painting - see title. The painting is abstract, featuring macho geometric shapes or maybe I just think this because all five participants are male. Notable works include those by Robert Holyhead whose paintings are very neat and very bright, one is called "Painting with white lines that do not cross" which is a pretty acurate description. Others by Danny Rolph feature psychedelic colours and layers of "twinwall plastic" - these have names which I can not decipher - "Heisterkamp" and "C.S".

Overall the show was diverting but I have to admit that abstract painting is not really my bag.

No comments: